Exercise bikes, also referred to as stationary bikes, are known as an excellent solution to provide the best in cardiovascular exercise. For countless years these bikes have been relied upon as an instrumental exercise tool.
Exercise bikes are extremely popular due to the fact that they provide a full-body workout. Not only is this beneficial to your overall health, but it also serves as a time-saving feature for the majority of people.
In addition to working out your legs, exercise bikes have been proven to simultaneously work the abdomen, heart, upper body, buttocks and hips. By dedicating a short 20 minutes a day to an exercise bike, you will reap long-term health benefits and a greater quality of life.
Like most retail products, exercise bikes are available in a wide range of prices. These prices vary based on the make, model, accessories, features and components. Aside from the vast health benefits, exercise bikes are desirable for their multitasking capabilities. Operators have the pleasures of enjoying television or listening to music while exercising in the comfort of their own home.
To make an informed decision as to which exercise bike is right for you, you must first understand the differences in the types of exercise bikes that are available to the consumer market. This guide will serve as a descriptive outline for the different types of exercise bikes that are currently available and the benefits of each. We will do our best to help you make an informed decision.
- 1 Top 10 Exercise Bikes in India – 2019
- 1.0.1 1.Cockatoo CXB-05 Smart Series Foldable X-Bike
- 1.0.2 2. Fitkit FK500 Steel Airbike with Free Installation
- 1.0.3 3. Lifeline Exercise Bike Combo with Gym bag
- 1.0.4 4. Powermax Fitness BBX-110SX Fitness cycle
- 1.0.5 5. Reach Orbitrek exercise cycle and cross trainer
- 1.0.6 6. Fitkit FK600 Steel Airbike with Free installation
- 1.0.7 7. JSB Cardio Max HF73 Fitness Bike
- 1.0.8 8. Cardio Max JSB HF78 Fitness X-Bike
- 1.0.9 9. Cockatoo imported Air Bike Multifunction Function exercise bike
- 1.0.10 10. Reach magnetic exercise fitness cycle
- 2 Types of Exercise Bikes
- 3 How to Buy Exercise Bikes ?
- 4 Why Do I Need an Exercise Bike?
- 5 Benefits Of Exercise Bikes.
- 6 Conclusion
Top 10 Exercise Bikes in India – 2019
Here is a list of 10 best exercise bikes.
1.Cockatoo CXB-05 Smart Series Foldable X-Bike
- One can use this exercise bike either in a standing position or in a sitting position. It gives you both the options.
- This has a tracking monitor where you can check your speed, distance, time, calories and other important information.
- It also comes with the feature of adjustable resistance. This can help you in adjusting the whole bike according to your need.
- It has a very comfortable seat that is covered with cushions.
- It has a magnetic brake system
- It comes with a tracking monitor that can track each and every necessary detail.
- It is very difficult to set up the whole machine.
2. Fitkit FK500 Steel Airbike with Free Installation
- You can easily adjust the size and height of this bike
- This too comes with adjustable resistance. There is a knob that could be used for increasing or decreasing the intensity of the workout.
- The maximum user weight of this bike is 100 kgs maximum.
- This comes with a tracking monitor
- The company offers free installation of the machine across India.
- The quality of the parts of the bike is not so good.
3. Lifeline Exercise Bike Combo with Gym bag
- The best part of this exercise bike is that it is portable and could be taken to any place you want it to go.
- It is best for home use and again comes with a magic display that can track all the necessary things when you are exercising.
- One will have to follow the manual instructions given in their book or you can even refer to the installation video of it on YouTube. The company can also give their support on Whatsapp if you need any.
- You get a seat belt, a gym bag, a tummy trimmer and a skipping rope along with this cycle.
- It has got 12 months warranty on each part.
- You will have to install the machine all by yourself.
4. Powermax Fitness BBX-110SX Fitness cycle
- It is a foldable exercise cycle. Therefore, you can use any room of your house for exercising on it. It could be folded easily after use.
- The maximum user weight of this bike is 110 kg.
- It has a magnetic brake
- The price of this one is 16,800 rupees, but you can actually get it for rupees 1200.
- It comes with an adjustable seat for different users.
- If you have uneven flooring, then you can just use the adjusting caps given.
- It is a bit pricey for the features that it has.
5. Reach Orbitrek exercise cycle and cross trainer
- By using this cycle machine at your home, you could get the full cardio exercise done.
- One can use the machine either for walking, running or stair climbing exercises.
- This is perfect equipment for strengthening the muscles of your legs.
- This machine actually costs you 14000, but you can get if for 8,497 rupees.
- This cycle is meant for the full body workout.
- It is portable and is multi-functional.
- It stands on a bit expensive side.
6. Fitkit FK600 Steel Airbike with Free installation
- This machine is made for the full upper body workout.
- The designing of this machine is very compact and when you start your workout, it involves all the parts of your upper body in it.
- The company of this machine provides a free installation across the whole country.
- This is a hybrid bike and if one uses it, it leads to full body workout in very less time.
- The wheels of this cycle could get jerky at times.
7. JSB Cardio Max HF73 Fitness Bike
- This is a very lightweight machine having a load of just 4 KGs.
- There are 8 control levels in this cycle and all of them are meant to control the tension caused during the workout.
- You can adjust the height of the seat of this cycle.
- Along with the time, distance and speed sensor, it has got the hand pulse sensor also.
- This comes with a one year warranty.
- This one is a highly expensive machine.
8. Cardio Max JSB HF78 Fitness X-Bike
- It is again a very lightweight cycle and has a weight of 4 KGs.
- This is a magnetic cycle, suitable for home use.
- It has got 16 levels of tension controller.
- It has got a 12 months warranty.
- This is a foldable cycle, so you can use it anywhere you wish.
- You have to do the installation thing on your own.
9. Cockatoo imported Air Bike Multifunction Function exercise bike
- The design of this machine is done in such a way that it can help you in doing the whole body workout.
- The adjustment of the tension could be done just by turning the knob.
- It is a very inexpensive exercise cycle.
- It has got a tracking monitor
- The parts of this product are not so sturdy.
10. Reach magnetic exercise fitness cycle
- The best part of this machine is that it could be used for home as well as commercial purposes.
- The dimension of this product is 100x52x132 CMs and it has got a warranty for one year.
- The handles of this machine are 3 way adjustable and give you the real bike experience.
- The maximum weight for this machine is 120 kgs.
- The sensors that this machine got on the handles show the heart rate too.
- The body of this machine is way too heavy.
Types of Exercise Bikes
Todays exercise bike market offers three types of exercise bikes. These bikes include upright, recumbent and spin exercise bikes. Before making a purchase it is advised that you test out each of these bikes to determine which riding style suits you best. Everyone has their own personal preference, so pick a riding style that you enjoy!
Upright exercise bikes are the standard, traditional bikes. Identical to an actually pedal bike, the user sits in an upright position with their core body remaining vertical. If you enjoy outdoor biking, this may be a good riding style to consider.
Riders will get the same health benefits from riding this exercise bike as they would an outdoor pedal bike.By leaning forward and working your body into a side to side swaying motion, the user can achieve a mild upper body workout also. Upright exercise bikes seem to be the most popular type of bikes and also have great price points.
Recumbent exercise bikes have become increasingly popular over the years due to the tremendous back support they provide their users. These bikes often have great additional support feature like larger padded seating areas.
This not only makes for a more comfortable ride, but it also allows the user to exercise longer without the side effects of pain and discomfort. These bikes provide its users with efficient flow of blood throughout the entire body.
Due to the fact that the rider remains in a reclined position while working out, there is minimal upper body exercise. Recumbent exercise bikes are known to have more luxurious features such as LCD display that shows time, calories, heart rate, television, and even a radio. If you have never enjoyed the pleasures of operating a recumbent bike I highly recommend that you try one out.
Spin bikes are also another great option if you are looking to purchase an exercise bike. The primary difference between other exercise bikes and a spin bike is the adjustability and high quality of the drive mechanisms. They bikes are well engineered to deliver some of the best workouts.
Spin bikes are excellent at targeting desired muscle groups in your legs and upper body. Although this bike does have a lot of positives, comfort can vary depending on the model you purchase. Due to the upright positioning, cheaper models that do not use quality padding can be very uncomfortable for the user over extended periods of time. Spin bikes are great fun and I highly recommend you try one!
How to Buy Exercise Bikes ?
The very first thing that one should look for, in an exercise bike is the comfort that is provided to you. Now, when we are saying comfort, there are certain parts that you should check, like the seat, the wheels and other parts that you are going to use while exercising. Youshould also check whether the height of the seat of this exercise machine is adjustable or not.
There are two aspects of weight when it comes to the exercise bike. The first aspect is of the bike itself. You need t0 check how heavy it is. Another thing you need to check is how much weight you can put on the machine.
Handlebars of your bike, emphasize that it is the size and shape of the latter and it will be positioned correctly and comfortably. Thus, adjustable and ergonomic handlebars that allow a wide variety of hand grip positions are the best choice.
If you want to use this machine at your home, you need to check whether it is portable or not. This is important so that you can move it to the room you want or the place you want. So, this is again one of the important points to check before buying.
5. Heart Rate Sensors
The heart rate sensors exercise bike should also be given special attention from you when you make your choice. At this level, we strongly recommend that you choose only the heart rate sensors are the most reliable and most accurate.
Finally, a particular focus on integrated programs of your future bike will be a great help in your choice. Please, however, do not be discouraged by the price because the more your bike will be full of programs you’ll benefit more and you will not regret your investment.
Why Do I Need an Exercise Bike?
Exercise bikes are without a doubt an excellent and imperative piece of cardiovascular fitness equipment for people who prefer to workout in the comfort of their own home. Operators are able to watch television or listen to music at their own pleasure and convenience while keeping active and engaging in a healthy lifestyle. You will no longer have to make frequent trips to the gym and you can workout 24/7 at your convenience and pace.
Buyers have a huge variety of exercise bikes to choose from. Each type of bike will offer its operator something unique and truly beneficial. With low cost competitive pricing you can find the most desired exercise bikes at a fraction of the retail price. By clicking on one of our exercise bike types or a particular model, you can read a detailed review as well as check out some of the best consumer prices offered online.
Benefits Of Exercise Bikes.
- Exercise bikes are perhaps the most economical piece of exercise equipment and this is one of the main advantages of having exercise bikes. The price of these bikes ranges between 5000 to 20000 Rupees offering a wide variety of models for every exercise level and price level. However, exercise bikes are an ideal choice for people with limited budget to develop a good body shape.
- Exercise bikes have much low impact on your ligaments and joints compared to other fitness equipment and this is yet another benefit of exercise bikes. This implies that there are less chances of getting injured while performing exercise with the help of an exercise bike. Moreover, they are very useful for people who are having arthritis, joint problems etc.
- The invention of a recumbent exercise bike which enables a person to sit in a semi-reclined bucket seat and allow him to angle his legs in front of him rather than hanging down has made these bikes more convenient and comforting. The recumbent exercise bike facilitates much better workouts in a comfortable way which implies that people can perform workouts for longer time period.
- Exercises bikes offer better safety compared to other equipment. It is less likely to fall and get injured on an exercise bike. This makes them perfect for elderly people or people who are new to exercise equipment.
- A person can read while performing workouts with a recumbent bike and this is one of the main reasons for their popularity in home gyms. Many people get bored while performing workouts. Hence, instead of forcing yourself to tough and boring exercises, it is a better idea to perform workouts on an exercise bike while reading your favorite books or newspapers or any other thing of your interest.
- There are more chances that a person will use these bikes because they are economical, safe, low impact and comfortable besides fighting your boredom while exercising.
- Nobody wish to spend lot of money on buying exercise equipment and then use it for clothes racks when it is not used. You want to burn calories and stay fit and healthy by performing the workouts. But if you buy a machine which you don’t use, you are only wasting your money.
- Due to the various benefits of exercises bikes, most of the people are able to use them for years and end up exercising for more time than they think. This has led to the increasing popularity of these exercise bikes and more and more people are buying them for performing their workout regimen while enjoying other tasks like reading or watching TV programs.
We conclude this small study you just saying that the best choice of bike is the choice of the person who is the most sophisticated, most comfortable and best equipped. For all these qualities, this choice may very well cost you a little expensive.
But this should in no way constitute an obstacle for you, because the money you spend for such a bike will earn you huge profits. Try it and you will see!