We all need a slow cooker in our lives, but a lot of people don’t buy it because they don’t know about it. So, for those who don’t know about it, here is a detailed description. In the section below, we will be talking about all the aspects related to slow cookers.
- 1 10 Best Slow Cookers in India 2019
- 1.0.1 1.Preethi Touch EPC005 6-Liter Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1.0.2 2.Mealthy 9-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1.0.3 3.Bergner Elite Inox Stainless Steel Slow Cooker
- 1.0.4 4.Sabichi Haden 3.5 Ltr Stainless Steel Slow Cooker
- 1.0.5 5.Hi-Tech Multi programmable Mini Cooker 1 Litre with Pot
- 1.0.6 6.Prestige Clip On Aluminium Pressure Cooker with Glass Lid
- 1.0.7 7.Crock-Pot Scr300Ss 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker
- 1.0.8 8.Crock-Pot SCCPVL400-S 4-Quart Cook and Carry Slow Cooker
- 1.0.9 9.MaxiMatic MST-250XS Elite Gourmet 1-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker
- 1.0.10 10.NutriChef 10-In-1 Rice Multi Cooker Rice Soup Bean Cooker
- 2 Types of slow cooker
- 3 How to buy a slow cooker?
- 4 Advantages of slow cooker
- 5 Conclusion
10 Best Slow Cookers in India 2019
Here is the list of some of the best slow cookers in india
1.Preethi Touch EPC005 6-Liter Electric Pressure Cooker
It is a touch-enabled five in one pressure cooker. It can work as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, saute pan and warmer. It has fifteen recipe modes which help in cooking a variety of dishes at the tap of a button.
- It has the Nutri + + technology, which gives a healthier cooking option so there is a higher nutrient bioavailability in the food.
- This pressure cooker makes sure that the ingredients are uniformly cooked every single time.
- 9 safety levels ensure that the temperature, pressure, and power always remain in the prescribed limit.
- It has a manufacturer’s warranty of one year from the date of purchase.
- It has a capacity of 6 liters due to which it is the choice for a normal family of 4 – 5 people.
- It has both open and closed mode cooking.
- It has a delay timer of thirty minutes to eight hours for delayed cooking.
- The auto warm feature keeps food warm for 4 hours after cooking.
- It has a power of 100 watts.
- It has features for 15 smart Indian recipes.
- It has a very heavy build.
2.Mealthy 9-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
This amazing product by healthy is a perfect product for a family of five to six people. It has a capacity of six liters. It has features of nine appliances in one.
- It comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of six months on the electrical components.
- The box contains an extra silicone gasket, silicone mitts, steamer basket, 4 – cm raised steam rack/trivet, ladle, rice paddle, and a measuring cup.
- This smart cooker has fourteen easy touch smart programs for cooking food.
- It has a stainless steel steamer basket which helps to prepare two dishes at once.
- Easy touch control panel
- Instructional videos on the website and app to have you cook like a pro.
- Spare silicone gasket for sweet dishes.
- Bright red float to know when the pressure is reached.
- Extra-wide steam vent handle to keep hands safe.
- Vents in the base for heat release can be a residence for pests.
3.Bergner Elite Inox Stainless Steel Slow Cooker
This product by Bergner is a good cooking option to have at home. With its 6 Litre capacity, it is ideal for a medium-sized family.
- It has dimensions of 52 x 38.2 x 25.5 cm.
- It weighs five kg eight hundred and twenty grams.
- It comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- The lid and ceramic pot that you get are dishwasher safe.
- It comes in three cooking settings – high, low and warm.
- Removable ceramic pot.
- It has to stay-cool handles and knobs.
- The lid as well as the ceramic pot in this, is dishwasher safe.
- It has a poor build quality.
4.Sabichi Haden 3.5 Ltr Stainless Steel Slow Cooker
The Sabichi Haden 3.5 Ltr Stainless Steel Slow Cooker is an amazing product and a perfect fit for a small family of 2 – 3 people. It is the perfect option to cook a fulfilling homemade meal. The best way to make delicious, homemade and nutritious meals is to use slow cooking for the process.
- It has dimensions of 21 cm x 26.5 cm x 34.5 cm ( L x B x H)
- It is made up of ceramic pots.
- It has a power light indicator and a transparent glass lid so that you can look from above the food that is being prepared.
- It has a power input of 220 – 240 volts.
- It has to stay-cool handles and knobs
- Brushed stainless steel finish, stews, sauces and many more.
- It has a power light indicator.
- It has a glass lid for watching the food being cooked.
- Lack of backup ceramic desk
5.Hi-Tech Multi programmable Mini Cooker 1 Litre with Pot
This amazing product by Hi-tech is a must-have appliance for single living bachelors or a family of two. It has an intelligent cooking feature along with a delay timer.
- It weighs 1.78 kgs.
- It has dimensions of 28.4 x 21.6 x 21.4 cms.
- It can be used for various applications.
- Highly portable and very easy to use.
- It has a premium quality nonstick coating on the inside.
- The capacity feels way less than mentioned.
6.Prestige Clip On Aluminium Pressure Cooker with Glass Lid
This amazing product from the house of Prestige. The clip-on body is made from hard-anodized aluminum due to which it has better looks and has a longer life than pure aluminum.
- It has a transparent lid due to which you can know what is the cooking status of the food.
- It is also very suitable for sauteing, steaming, frying, boiling, deep-frying, etc.
- The base of this utensil is suitable for induction as well as a gas stove.
- Extra glass lid.
- It has a unique universal lid.
- It ensures that the machine provides optimum safety.
- Many times the base is not even.
7.Crock-Pot Scr300Ss 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker
This amazing product by Crockpot is a useful appliance for all occasions. It has a stylish stainless steel finish which makes it a perfect fit for a modern-day kitchen.
- It has dimensions of 10.6 x 8.7 x 10.7 inches.
- It has high low as well as warm settings.
- It is perfect for three people.
- It weighs 3.18 kgs.
- Glass lid
- Stay-cool handles
- User-friendly design.
- It catches rust easily
8.Crock-Pot SCCPVL400-S 4-Quart Cook and Carry Slow Cooker
This is an ideal appliance for the people who want to share good times along with good food with family and friends. It is an ideal choice for picnics parties etc.
- It can serve more than 4 people.
- It has high and low cook settings.
- It has removable oval stoneware.
- It has convenient warm settings.
- Lid mounted locking system
- Stainless steel interior
- Dishwasher safe stoneware
- Dishwasher safe glass lid
- The weak build quality of lid.
9.MaxiMatic MST-250XS Elite Gourmet 1-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker
This slow cooker by MaxiMatic is ideal for cooking and serving small one-pot meals and appetizers such as soups, stews, etc.
- 1.5-quart removable inner stoneware pot.
- Convenient low, high as well as warm settings
- It weighs 2.18 kgs.
- It has a dimension of 22.4 x 22.4 x 15.2 cms
- Attractive stainless steel finish
- Tempered clear glass lid
- Cool-touch handles and knobs
- Plastic handles get heated sometimes.
10.NutriChef 10-In-1 Rice Multi Cooker Rice Soup Bean Cooker
This multi-cooker from the house of NutriChef is packed with a lot of functions. It comes with a delay timer of twenty-four hours.
- Removable Nonstick inner aluminum cooking pot
- Front panel digital display system
- Ten cooking modes
- Reheat / keep warm feature
- Preserves natural flavours
- Retains beneficial vitamins and minerals.
- Hassle-free and easy to use.
- Integrated pressure steam valve.
- Instruction manual is not very clear.
Types of slow cooker
1.Slow cooker according to settings
There are two types of slow cooker according to settings. The first one is known as a Programmable slow cooker. This is the type of cooker where you can put the materials of the meal you want to prepare and then can set the time for cooking. The advantage of a programmable slow cooker is that the person doesn’t need to look at the cooking and the cooker will do its job on its own.
Another category of slow cooker is the one that comes with manual settings. It does not have any program in it. You could not set the time and for the best cooking experience, you will have to keep looking at it. There are different modes and you can use them accordingly to your requirements.
2.Slow cookers according to size
When we are saying about the size of the slow cooker, we mean the quarts of these. These slow cookers start from 2 quarts and go up to 8 to 9 quarts. Now, the lowest quarts are good for the bachelors and the cooker with the highest quarts is for a large family. So, one can choose according to their requirements.
3.Slow cookers according to the type of pots
There are mostly three materials used for making slow cooker pots. The first one is the ceramic pots. These could be put into the microwave also, but a lot of people don’t consider them as they are way too heavy. The second type of pot is the one made up of metal.
The metal pots are less preferred than ceramic ones, as they don’t heat up properly and the cooking is not done the way it should be. The last type of cooker according to the material is the aluminum pot. These cookers are the most preferred ones. The reason behind this is that they could be put in the oven and also heats up properly. However, these are expensive.
How to buy a slow cooker?
Slow cooker is an essential part of our kitchen. One should have them, but the buying process could be a task. So, here we are with some of the points that you should consider while buying slow cookers.
1.Size of the slow cooker
This is a very obvious point. You are buying something for preparing your food, so the first thing that you need to notice in that vessel is its size. Now, there is a very easy way to determine the size of the slow cooker you want. Just count the people for which you want to prepare the food and you will know about it.
2.Material of the slow cooker
The second thing that you should think about while buying a cooker is the material that it is made up of. We have already discussed the material of the cookers. Now, you need to decide whether you will cook on a stove or in the microwave. After that, it would be easy for you to decide the material of the cooker.
3.Settings of the slow cooker
There are two types of cooker settings. In the first one, you need to set the time and everything and you can sit quietly till the food gets ready. This type of cooker is called programmable. The second type is manual cookers where you need to look at the cooking process, as it doesn’t have any limitations. You can go with the one that suits you best.
4.Ease of cleaning
We need to maintain cleanliness and hygiene and this could be possible only when you keep your cooking vessels clean. Now, this might not sound that important to a lot of people, but it is. You need to see the structure of the cooker and then you will come to know whether it is possible to maintain it or not.
Advantages of slow cooker
Here are the advantages of slow cooker that you must know if you are planning to buy one.
1.Healthy food preparation
The name slow cooker itself suggests that the process of cooking of this cooker would be slow. When the food is prepared at a high temperature and high heat, the nutrients break down and you don’t get the goodness of the food. The slow cooker retains the nutritional value of the food that you are preparing.
You can put your ingredients in the cooker and can just set your timer for the cooking. The meal will be prepared by itself and you don’t need to do anything. This gives you the time to do other things too and saves your time in a lot of ways.
3.Apt for big gatherings
There are times when we throw a house party and don’t want to order food from outside. In this situation, you can prepare your food in a slow cooker and there would not be any effort needed.
This was all that you need to know about the slow cookers. We just didn’t talk about it in general, but have provided you 10 options that you can consider. If you go by every point of the above sections, you will buy the best slow cooker.